A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. Our blog was viewed about 2,700 times in 2013. If it were a cable car, it would take about 45 trips to carry that many people. Thank you so much for reading our blog and for all of your support as we experience the new adventures God has for us. We enjoy sharing life with you!
This time of year is one of my favorites. I love to reflect of where we have been, what we have learned, and how God has changed us and challenged us this year. After reflecting on times of joy and sorrows, we then get to feel the excitement of a new year with new challenges and adventures.
- Jobs were lost but it ended up being for good.
- Jeff graduated from Fuller Seminary with his Masters.
- We moved from our first home and in with parents again.
- We moved across the country and internationally in a 6 month span.
- We said goodbye to friends in California and Georgia.
- We made new friends for life in Colorado.
- Lauren’s great-grandmother went to be with Jesus.
- We learned what it means to rely on the Lord with everything and to trust His provision.
- We learned His timing is not our own, but for good.
- We experienced holidays in another country.
- Spent more time with family than we had in 2 years.
- Experienced the difficult details of selling a car.
- Celebrated 2 years of marriage!
Every year, we reflect on the themes that God has taught us through our challenges and joys. 2013 was filled with God’s timing and God’s provision. Only in His timing were jobs lost so we would leave California in June. Only in God’s provision were we able to go to Colorado for training. Only in God’s timing was Jeff able to finish graduate school while in training too. Only in God’s provision and timing were we able to move to Romania. These lessons have not been easy to learn and they will continue to be practiced. These lessons stretch you, rip the idea of control and independence out of your hand, and test your endurance and patience. ……….yet, in 2013 our relationship with God and each other has grown ten fold because we struggled through what He is teaching us.
We pray (for both you and us) that in 2014 we remain open to struggle with God and what He is teaching us, and to praise Him in the joys and sorrows. May 2014 be adventurous!