Just some funny things we are noticing our first days back in the States.
- When you are on the American Airline flight to Chicago and the stewardess asks if you would like ice cream in the middle of winter. (Of course I do!)
- When you miss the airport bathrooms in Europe.
- When you understand everyones’ conversations around. (and you don’t necessarily want to.)
- When you have free refills at a restaurant.
- When those in customer service are very attentive.
- When you automatically get ice in your drink.
- When you understand everyones’ conversations around.
- When there are neon signs everywhere fighting for your attention.
- When you look for the light switch on the outside of the bathroom but it is on the inside.
- When you can drink water right from the tap.
- When it is ok to walk through the house with your shoes on.
- When you understand everyones’ conversations around. ( This is so strange.)
After living outside of the States for 2 years, we know that during our visit here there will be some things we miss from Romania, and some that we don’t. It will be an interesting 3 months. We walked through Wally World the other day and half of us are surprised by all the options and availability and then the other half says this is familiar, maybe from another life.
Here’s to living dual lives!